3D Printing Policies and Pricing
The Library’s 3D printer is available to Conway Public Library card holders ages 10 and up to make three-dimensional objects in plastic using a design that the patron has provided as a digital computer file.
- The Library’s 3D printers may be used for lawful purposes only. The public will not be permitted to use the Library’s 3D printers to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the Library environment
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights. For example, the printers will not be used to reproduce a material that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse any 3D printing request.
- The cost for a print shall be a $1.00 service charge plus $0.10/gram of materials The Library Staff reserves the right to change the cost as needed. Patrons will be charged for the weight at printing time including any rafts and supports required for successful printing.
- 3-D printing staff will notify the patron if their object will cost more than $5.00 to print. If an object will cost less than $5.00 it will be printed without further consent of the patron.
- The patron will be responsible for the full cost of a print, be it successful or not.
- Print-on-demand objects must require less than 5 hours to print each piece. Multi-piece requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Only designated Library staff and volunteers will have hands-on access to the 3D printer.
- The Library reserves the right review all files before printing and to refuse scanning and/or producing any content at any time at the discretion of the Library Staff.
- Schedule and Access to the 3D printer will be determined by Library Staff.